Hello and welcome! Please understand that this website is not affiliated with Coty in any way, it is only a reference page for collectors and those who have enjoyed the classic fragrances of days gone by.

The main objective of this website is to chronicle the history of the Coty fragrances and showcase the bottles and advertising used throughout the years.

However, one of the other goals of this website is to show the present owners of the Coty perfume company how much we miss the discontinued classics and hopefully, if they see that there is enough interest and demand, they will bring back these fragrances!

Please leave a comment below (for example: of why you liked the fragrance, describe the scent, time period or age you wore it, who gave it to you or what occasion, any specific memories, what it reminded you of, maybe a relative wore it, or you remembered seeing the bottle on their vanity table), who knows, perhaps someone from the current Coty brand might see it.

Also, this website is a labor of love, it is a work in progress and is always being updated with new information as I can find it, so check back often!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Coty Parfum SANS NOM

An unusual perfume bottle was spotted on ebay France...the gorgeous and familiar bottle from Coty was presented with a most intriguing label...it merely says "Coty Parfum Sans Nom". ...so I thought this was strange...I looked all over and could not find this name anywhere in my books or on the internet...so what do we really have here...is it a one off perfume that didn't do so well so Coty sacked it? or...was it a prototype? 

From the bottle, it is the old Lalique design that has the "briar" stopper...Do you have any information to share?


photos from ebay seller claudemanouk

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I know this post is about 10 years old, but I have just found a photo of an EXACTLY the same bottle of perfume, made by Coty, but the perfume it held was Miguet des Bois introduced in 1923. The liquid in the bottle is green and when I saw it, i thought about Veronique Coty's Spoturno Perfume release. It was only released last month, but the bottle design is very similar. If you're interested, I can email you a photo I found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My late father bought my late mother San Nom by Coty in France in January 1946 for her 25th birthday. I have my parents letters..He was in the British army in the No.1 Training Team with the French army he wrote to Mum who was herself in the army still serving in Belgium.. "There is a luxury tax here but the French Gov. have made a concession to allied troops for articles of French manufacture which are being sent out of the country. So I bought the scent at Marie Antoinettes at normal civvy price including tax and the madame packed it up and gave me a receipt. Then had to take the package to a Naafi packing and dispatch office where it was sealed down addressed sent off and all the tax refunded ! That is why, sweet, all the love and kisses were with the letter which you now have ! My mother never forgot the perfume & was upset I could not find the bottle when I cleared her old bedroom in 2017 but we did find your post that brought back memories - only today in an old box did I find my father's letter.

    ReplyDelete